Sunday, December 23, 2012

Crashing Through the Songs


AND NOW, in the spirit of the holiday season, I giveth to thee, a random post...eth. Yes it is a word. ..Yes, IT IS. Shut up! You are gonna spoil the moment!

I noticed that a lot of people not only sing Christmas songs, but they parody Christmas songs. Jingle bells for instance, has about five billion parodies. Ranging from batman to Pokemon, crashing to monkeys, there are tons of them! Likewise, the twelve days of Christmas and here we go a caroling are also often parodied. With so many Christmas songs about the holiday, God, and any number of things, why do we feel the need to parody these songs? My theory is that it makes it something special. It makes it more personal and fun. Especially if you make your own version to immortalize memories or events. It makes it something that only the singers share or understand, or something that anyone in that situation can relate to. This is the kind of thing I can really get into. And in fact, I do actually make a lot of these parodies with a friend. However, I sadly can not post them here because very few of them would actually make sense to you. BUT, never fear! As I clearly can not make a post like this and have no original parody of my own, I will make a (cough really horrible cough) new one up just for you guys! Yes, yes, I know. I'm amazing. So, in spirit of the holidays, I present to my fellow Kennedy students: Dismissal Bells!

Dashing through the hall,
The foyer's like a brawl,
It's the end of the day,
the crowds are in the way!
MOVE MOVE MOVE!
You people standing round,
and blocking the front door,
if you don't want us to push past
don't stay there anymore!

OH

Dismissal Bells,
Hear the yells,
Why are you still here?
The reprieve has finally started,
we wont see you till next year!

HEY!

Dismissal Bells,
Hear the yells,
It's all been worth the wait,
everyone's been counting
and it's time for Christmas break!


See you all next year, and Merry Christmas!
(and seriously, stop standing in front of the door you loiterers!)
-BlackFox

(371)

2 comments:

  1. This is my new favorite songeth (not a real word). What others do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it's a real word. I'll even look it up!............. -time passes- …..... it's still a word.
      WHAT DOES A DICTIONARY KNOW ANYWAY?!

      <<
      >>

      Anyway, I have quite a few xD I don't actually remember all of them. Seriously though, most of them would make absolutely no sense. This is like, one of the few I have that would kind of, sort of, make sense to someone not aware of the history behind them.

      One little two little three little bunnies.
      Four little five little six little bunnies.
      Seven little eight little nine little bunnies.
      All upon my swo-o-ord.

      Aaaaaand right about now, people are thinking: THAT IS AWFUL OMFGWTFBBQ BUNNY KILLER!

      Well you know what? I warned you you wouldn't understand! I warned you that they only make sense in context! DID YOU GUYS EVER CONSIDER BUNNY RABBITS ARE EVIL AND I HAVE A REASON FOR STABBING THEM? DID YOU EVER CONSIDER THE HISTORY?! -cough- ahem.... there may or may not be a very long story behind this one.

      ...What was the actual question again?

      -BlackFox (who has declared war on the rabbit menace)

      Delete