Sunday, October 28, 2012

Miracles Big And Small


I have never “spoken” to God and had him answer me. I have never had a moment where I was overcome with the glory of God or anything like that. And I really do not have a “the day I became a Christian” story because I have always been one. But there are ways that I have seen God act in my life, subtle and insignificant as they may be.

There are of course the little things that everyone experiences. A sudden urge to check your planner leads you to discover an assignment due tomorrow. Waking up even though your alarm does not go off. A canceled appointment when you feel overwhelmed by your busy life. The snow day that gives you one more day to finish that paper. The bus that is even later getting to the stop than you. Even something as simple as all the lights turning green when you are in a hurry. Yeah some of it might be coincidence. But, as someone who does not believe in the concept of luck, I like to think that sometimes God has your back. That sometimes he says “you know what? This might be a small thing, but I am going to help you out anyway.” It really does help sometimes to know you are not alone.

Of course it is not all little things. I myself credit the discovery of my best friend to the hand of God. We traced back the chain of events that led to our meeting to almost years in the making. The odds of us actually meeting were completely astronomical. Yes we faced a lot of hardship during that time, but it ended up being worth it in the end. And it really means a lot to me, that God would care enough to bring us together when we felt alone. Our friendship has probably made the biggest positive impact on my life than any other event in it. And it has shown me that God cares enough to do these things. That he cares enough to listen to your prayers. That he has not and will not forsake or abandon you, and hardship can sometimes lead to joy.

-BlackFox

(371)

2 comments:

  1. TOO right, BlackFox. God is amazing. His work is truly grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. God isn't limited to speaking to and loving on you in a big, mighty, overwhelming way, even though he chooses to sometimes. It's something we should pay attention to, and thank him for even the little things throughout the day that he makes work in our favor.

    ReplyDelete