Sunday, February 3, 2013

Modern Wedding Vows


I take you, my darling,
as my lawfully wedded wife.
As thankfully,
the law you see,
allows me room in strife.

To have and to hold,
From forward this day,
unless by chance,
some circumstance,
pulls us farther and farther away.

For better, or worse,
unless, tragically,
when older you grow,
and time starts to flow,
you lose all that youthful beauty.

For richer or poorer,
unless you see,
I have nothing with you,
and it's found to be true,
that I need currency.

In sickness and health,
unless, dare I dread,
that the sickness you've got,
makes that young body rot,
and would chain me up next to your bed.

To love and to cherish,
unless I might see,
another young sweet,
that I really must meet,
and who better than you, suits me.

From this day forward,
till death do us part.
Or else my lawyer,
for his gracious employer,
severs these bonds at the heart.


-BlackFox (...Yup. Lazy short post.)

(163)

No comments:

Post a Comment