Sunday, January 13, 2013

...FINALLY!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYh2OU4vtIk

-Cues the chorus of angels singing “Halleluiah”-

Oh glorious day! We finally have a GOOD parody to discuss here.

What was that?

…. Yes really.

Yes the link is safe.

I promise it will not scar you like the last ones.

Of course you can trust me! Sheesh!

In truth, I have felt bad that I only share the bad stuff with you guys. So here we have a slightly random and more than slightly shorter post to illustrate a Christian parody done well. That is to say, not with overly enthusiastic pseudo-nuns or really stupid rhymes. (I am still harping about coatses to this day people.) It does however have puppets.... I refuse to fault either this song or “Godman style” for them. In my humble opinion, puppets improve everything.

Bethlehemian Rhapsody is a great example of a Christian parody done right. The message and focus are clear and consistent. The lyrics are creative and coherent. The music and voices are done amazingly well. Everything about it is incredible and perfect. You can just feel the effort that went into this. This folks, is how you do things right. This is how you spread the word of God in a parody.

-BlackFox

(....Seriously?! Coatses?! Come on people! We can do better!)

(215)

No comments:

Post a Comment